Broom Junction was the Warley MRC ‘O’ Gauge Group’s follow up to the highly successful Porth-y-Waen layout which was taken over from our President, John Allison and refurbished.
The location is where the former L.M.S. (Midland) line from Birmingham to Ashchurch meets the Stratford-upon-Avon and Midland Junction line at Broom in Warwickshire and is depicted in the mid to late 1930’s. Track layout and buildings are faithful to the original with only a little foreshortening of the sidings where trains were marshalled for onward transmission to and from St.Pancras over the S & M J R; to Birmingham over the Midland; to South Wales over the Midland and GWR lines.
Broom is constructed from C & L Finescale trackwork with a very complex outside single slip as the centrepiece of most activities and the whole layout is some 53 feet long.